了解你自己 ------- Henry goes to Taiwan, China, and Germany ------- Erkenne Dich Selbst

Monday, July 11, 2005

my dad's magazine article


Before I left for Taiwan, my dad gave me the March 2005 edition of Forbes magazine, which contained an article entitled "the best advice I ever got." I've been flipping through the magazine occasionally when I'm sitting down for dinner, and I've been meaning to post some of the best advice.

"You're right not because others agree with you, but because your facts are right."
- Warren Buffett, CEO Berkshire Hathaway
"Make a fool of yourself."
- Richard Branson, Virgin Airways, Virgin Group
"Be nice, do your best -- and most important, keep it in perspective."
- Meg Whitman, eBay
"Don't listen to the naysayers."
Sallie Krawcheck, Citigroup
"When 'everyone knows' something to be true, nobody knows nothin'."
Andy Grove, Intel
"Let others take the credit."
Brian Roberts, Comcast
"Keenly visualize the future."
Klaus Kleinfeld, CEO Siemens (a University of Wuerzburg graduate)
"If you love something, the money will come."
Donny Deutsch, Deutsche Inc.
"All you really own are ideas and the confidence to write them down."
Brian Grazer, Film writer
So far as the last one is concerned, I hope that's what I'm doing now.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rach said...

All the best!

2:22 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home