了解你自己 ------- Henry goes to Taiwan, China, and Germany ------- Erkenne Dich Selbst

Thursday, July 07, 2005

air conditioner fixed, visa rejected

Last night, the old Taiwanese couple that lives below me knocked on my door and begged me to turn off my air conditioner.

I bought a new air conditioner with my friends on Sunday; it seems since the day it was installed, the water from the back had been noisily dripping onto the tin roof of their porch, and from what i gathered, they hadn't really slept since. I didn't want to torture them for another night, so I slept without air conditioning one more time, and then at 7 am, before class and work, the building super and i installed a rubber pipe to drain the water to less troublesome places. Hopefully my neighbors will catch up on their sleep soon.

In other news, today I skipped my lunchtime to go to the consular office and switch my visa to student status so that I can stay in Taiwan (my 60-day visa expires in one week.)

My application was rejected.

I had all the paperwork and authentification certificates from my school, but it just didn't work. Although everyone I'd spoken with had told me that it was possible to change my visa to a student status (since i'm a student), apparently there is no way to change it while in Taiwan; I need to go to there Hong Kong office to do that. Theoretically I'm supposed to leave the country about a week from now. I'm not sure if my Taiwan trip may be coming to a premature end, or rather, if my trip to China is enjoying an early start. We'll see soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home