了解你自己 ------- Henry goes to Taiwan, China, and Germany ------- Erkenne Dich Selbst

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

And now a message brought to you by Jrod

Hello readers of Hank Keeps Track: A Daily Almanac. My name is Jrod, and I am writing on behalf of Henry as he sallies around Hong Kong. He emailed me this morning asking me to post an entry for him, noting that the authorities that be (read: "communists") have made it impossible for him to access Blogger. He believes the automatic censor's fingerprints are all over this, and I agree. In a time when technology is empowering the individual more and more, it is only natural that the state would want to control, or deny, access to such technology.

Henry also wanted me to let you know that he will have some fantastic images and stories to share with you and me, his devoted readers, when he reaches San Francisco on August 19.

Hank left me with this final message:
Right now David Crane, Becky Nolin, John Henry, Jess Davis, a BU engineering student and I were just in the ancient silk road desert city of Dunhuang, in Gansu province, China. Right now we're in Xinjiang province on our way to the city of Bole.


Borrowing a tradition from my blog, I leave you with imagery from Google Earth of Henry's recent location:
Dunhuang

and where he is headed:
Bole.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home